first of all…HAPPY OPENING DAY! these good wishes extend to everyone, including liberals and democrats, as long as we can all embrace the unifying force that is major league baseball. so let’s start the predictions. feel free to add to my list.
2006 MLB predictions:
- the cubs will not win the world series.
- barry bonds will continue not to answer questions about steroids.
- yankees fans will still be rude and obnoxious to fans of other teams.
- george steinbrenner will threaten to fire joe torre and brian cashman.
- the yankees will still win the al east.
- the red sox will make some excuse why that happened (other than their weak starting pitching).
- tom glavine will show that the braves still own him.
- victor zambrano (mets), danny graves(indians), and kris benson(o’s) will completely suck.
- pedro martinez will miss significant time due to injury.
- a team other than the mets will win the nl east. 🙁
- roger clemens will almost hit a batter in the head.
- all divisions except the nl central will have competitive races for the top spot.
that’s what i think, and i reserve the right to change any of this at any time in the future. for those who were able to get the day off, enjoy all those baseball games. as for me, i’m off to work.